Wednesday, June 06, 2012

RIP, Ray Bradbury


One of the best days I ever spent working at the Park was the one day I spent at the summit of the Alpine Slide. The sun was shining. It was warm, but not too hot. I brought my lunch with me and I had plenty of water and sunscreen. The lead ride attendants rode up to visit for a bit, under the guise of "checking the bullwheel." That was nice. But nicer still was the luxury of being able to sit and read all of "Fahrenheit 451" without interruption.

NY Times Obituary


2 comments:

Fred Sambo said...

RIP

It is good to see you posting on this blog again!

Tiffy said...

Working in a German amusement park I feel that... Dunno how many books (of any author) I read during my "lonely shifts" at the monorail.

So there goes another gread author.... :( I especially loved his short stories.