Monday, September 24, 2007

Postcards from the Edge

The Park's gift shoppes used to sell a poster-sized map of the place. One of my favorite things about it was that it depicted attractions like the Tsunami- a more massive version of the Wave Pool which was never built. I've been searching online for an image, but all I can find is this postcard:



Which gives you an idea of the sheer size of the place, but no real detail. Water World's almost completely invisible. You can make out the Speed Boats and Super Lola tracks pretty clearly, and if you squint you can see the old 2-wing Bungee Tower, back when it was officially known as the Snapple Snap-Up Whipper Snapper. Catchy, huh?

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Ha! A bit off-topic, but remember when Todd made fun of the Snapple lady in front of the whole Central Park Summerstage crowd? Hahaha.
Take that, Snapple lady.

therese said...

That was awesome! He told me that Wendy the Snapple Lady was a really good sport about it. Makes sense, she's made from the best stuff on Earth.

Melissa said...

I'm on a search for a picture of Captain Action. Remember him? He was the Duffman of Vernon.

therese said...

There are so many things I've forgotten and then someone mentions them and I'm like, "Duh, how could I have forgotten the Gladiators/Oompah Band/Lara the Mermaid, etc" Add Captain Action to that list.

coach38018 said...

Anyone elae have a topless the picture of the mermaid, I still have it in mint condition.

Anonymous said...

Snapple Snap-Up Whipper Snapper? You mean the "Topher forgot to hook up the cord back breaker"

Geez, memories of this place brings tears to my eyes. I'm glad the old place burned down. That era could never be recreated, therefore the Lodge shouldn't exist.

On behalf of Ed, Mike, Scott, Pete, Nancy, Al, Jeff, Mark, Char, Doug, Phil (Hey Gene, guess what!) and way too many more that have slipped from my brain cells, good to see a place where the old crowd collects.